Legal Services for Medical Spas
Medical Spa Regulatory Compliance and Corporate Transactions
The Revolution Law Group team can advise med spa clients regarding the preparation of corporate documentation, the sale or purchase of a med spa or cosmetic medical practice, and the preparation of other legal documents required to conduct business, such as employment agreements, medical director agreements, or management services agreements.
Our attorneys are knowledgeable in the area of restrictions to the scope of practice for physician’s assistants, nurse practitioners, registered nurses, and aestheticians, as well as the types of med spa services that may be provided by physicians, non-physician providers, or non- licensed providers (i.e., providers who MAY NOT provide BOTOX, dermal fillers, laser, or hair removal treatments according to North Carolina regulations).
Medical Spa and Cosmetic Legal Services
Revolution Law Group’s experienced team offers legal representation for the unique legal issues that face today’s med spa. Some, but not all, of those issues are:
- Issues involving state regulations and scope of practice laws
- State supervision and delegation laws for medical providers
- North Carolina laser and other photogenic rejuvenation or skin resurfacing laws and regulations
- Regulations regarding medical pedicures for conditions such as athlete’s foot, corns, etc.
- State laws and regulations regarding injectables (BOTOX, dermal fillers, etc.)
- Laser hair removal and permanent makeup application laws and regulations
- Purchase and/or Sale of a medical spa or cosmetic medical practice
- Medical spa corporate document preparation
- Medical director agreements
- Obtaining informed consent, making disclosures, and maintaining proper documentation
- Anti-kickback laws
- HIPAA compliance for med spas
- Unlicensed practice of medicine by aestheticians and/or cosmetologists